7.14.2009

June 17 - My Birthday

I try as best as I can to reflect a little on each of my birthdays, as we all should, but for some reason, I never made it to my blog.

This birthday was a little hard for me, because lately I have been quite hard on myself about where I am not in life, what I have not accomplished, and what I am not doing by 24. I just wish I could fast forward a little bit, just give myself a peek at what my life is going to be like, so I would have some idea that things are going to work themselves out.

My birthday was nice, though. My husband cooked me breakfast and we had lunch together before he headed to work. It sucked that he had to go, but that's life! I had a wonderful evening: I went to Zumba (my dance aerobic class), then my best friend and went home to get ready to go out to eat and to shop and to have some drinks :-)

So, this is us at Target. We ended up spending a lot of time at Chili's and barely had time to shop, but we made a quick trip anyways. I usually never got into a store that is so close to closing, because I work in retail right now, and I hate it when people do that. This night, I was marching in like I owned the place with 15 minutes to go...

This is us right before headed in to 527 in Murfreesboro. I am not the going out girl at all, (anymore) so it is rare that she can drag me to a club, but hell, it was my birthday! We ended up having a great time and drank way too much! We came home fairly early...but not early enough to beat Scott home! He greeted us with a big smile as we came stumbling in my apartment. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment