7.15.2009

South Dakota in July

I'm going to have a few separate posts to reflect on my time in Watertown, South Dakota, just because my pictures tell different stories.

My husband took me to South Dakota over the Fourth of July weekend, because his mom was having a family reunion. There was so much anticipation for this weekend! I had only met his mother ONCE before this...and it was 2 days before our wedding... It was also exciting because we were going to get to spend time with the brother and sister in law, (who again, I didn't meet until right before the wedding!) There were so many family members that were going to be visiting her house on Saturday that I had never met, and that Scott hadn't seen in almost 20 years!

I had the best time spending time with my other family. It was nice to be able to connect with my brother and sister in law, and their kids. It was nice to meet relatives of Scott's late father; Scott's cousins Keri and Shannon and their families. And of course, to be able to spend time with my mother in law was great because we needed to get to know each other a little better.

I don't know if any of you have ever been to South Dakota, but it's flat. I was sort of on awe about how flat it was on the Eastern side. Coming from the Northeast, when I moved to Tennessee as a child, I thought it was flat, but nothing compares to this. It was flat for as far as the eye could see.

I didn't pull out my camera as much as I had hoped that I would while I was there, but it was because, honestly, I was having so much fun and talking so much that it just escaped me. I was able to grab a few shots though (of my favorite thing...nature and it's beauty)

No comments:

Post a Comment