5.25.2009

Memorial Day 2009

So one of that greatest things about today, besides the time and half pay and holiday pay (yep, I get both!) was the Healing Field across from the Avenue. There was this field that has been blocked off since Friday, and there were hundreds of flags posted into ground. This evening, there was a gathering of people and I'm sure there was some significant events going on, but this afternoon on my lunch break I went over and there were hardly any people there. I went over with my trusty camera to capture some of the remembrance and patriotism. It was amazing. I took a few seconds to pay my respects. Aren't we blessed? We are still a free country, and we are still protected by our own family and friends. That's pretty awesome if you think about it. Someones brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, cousin has given everything for you and me. They have given their life.













1 comment:

  1. Whoa, that's really cool! I saw a sign for that the other day and had no idea...I really like it though! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete