5.22.2009

Thistle


I love photographing elements of the corn field behind my apartment. In the past, I had a field day snapping shots of this dead sunflower... anyways, there is a short story behind today's post. I like thistles. They are a rough and ragged weed. They are covered in spines. But I love the blossoms! A few years ago, Scott and I were at the Nashville Zoo, and there was a single thistle blossom on the fence of the elephant exhibit. I was taking pictures of it, and when I snapped one, a butterfly had just landed on it and I caught it! It's one of my favorite pictures I have ever taken! So, a few days ago when I was leaving work, I spotted a thistle in the field next to Romano's. It reminded me about that day at the zoo, and seriously, if I had had my camera in the car, I may have pulled into a parking lot and snapped a few.

Today, as I was rounding the corner to my door, I looked up into the corn field, and I saw... thistles!!! I couldn't wait to come in and grab the camera. Here are some highlights.















1 comment:

  1. I like these a lot! Even point-and-shoot cameras can do amazing photographs if you know how to manipulate them, and you obviously are understanding the dynamics and features of your camera. Excellent KS!

    ReplyDelete