5.08.2009

That Honeymoon...

So I had a minor crisis today. All is fine now, nothing to worry, but it got me thinking.

About my honeymoon :-)


I miss Florida. I wish I was there quite often. My h
usband and I have gone to Clearwater Beach for the past 4 years, and we LOVE it there. It's so familiar to me that I feel like I am at my second home. I love walking up and down Gulfview (there wasn't always a Beachwalk, though it awesome to have it now!) and taking in all of the "beachyness". Kids in the bathing suits and flip flops, couples holding hands, people in their "beach" clothes... the ones that they bought especially for their vacation. I love the sand showers. You know, those things you put your feet (or body) under that washes the sand off. Those are so cool. When we went to the beach as kids in Maine, they didn't have those, so we (my cousins, sister and I) would have to wear our sandals with sand on our feet and would try our best to rub it off on the trolley ride home. Love those showers.

Another thing I love is the hotelscape. The hotels in Clearwater are beautiful, they are all unique. Ev
en the ones on the other side of the road (where we stay, hehe) are so cute. They're quaint, and some look like houses. It's awesome.

I also love the amount of bird life in Clearwater. Every year we go, we are surrounded by birds. This year, we got to experience pelicans up close and personal. I finally got my husband to pay the 50 cents it takes to go to the end of the pier. Well, it was totally worth it 1) for the sunset, duh, and 2) for the friendly pelican that walks around with the people on the pier! How fun! Seriously, go down there, take you picture with him :-) But it's pigeons, seagulls, egrets, crows, and all kinds of other birds. I love it.

And of course...the beach. That's the best part. It's soft, it's white, it's long. The landscape is a wonder. Everything just pieces together, the hotels, the pier, the rocks, the sand, the ocean. I could live there, right on
the sand. We always beach it on the far left side of the beach, right next to the new parking they're building. Next to 440. I love that part. I miss it! I love going to Smuggler's Mini Golf because it's always covered in lizards! Seriously, home of the lizards, they're everywhere! (Plus the holes are really easy). I can't start my morning off without driving over to the Sand Key Dunkin' Donuts. I can't finish my day without a few drinks at Frenchy's South Beach. And at least one day's breakfast at The Shanty. A one stop to Hungry Howie's pizza. This is a lifestyle.

Here are some pics from my last trip, my honeymoon, in March 2009.











No comments:

Post a Comment