5.12.2009

My Mother

Mother's Day was a nice relaxing day. Scott and I started our day by getting our church directory picture taken (yay!) and had some time to chat with Ali from LINK. Hopefully she and I will be able to keep in touch, since we don't attend the LINK meetings.

After a quick change, we headed off to Nashville to spend the afternoon with my parents. When we got there, Mom wanted to go get her Mother's Day presents right away! Scott and I brought her to this flower shop on the corner of Central and Lebanon. We walked around and looked at all sorts of flowers and plants. She picked some out that she liked, and after a trip to Home Depot, we headed back so we could plant her presents! (She actually planted them while I watched and while Scott played horseshoes with my Dad).

One of the things that I love most about my mom is she is so caring and thoughtful. She is always considering what others would feel, and always picking up things or remembering stories that others' would like. She was at a yard sale this week, and picked up a golf bag for Scott, just in case he would like it. She knew he had one, but thought that maybe he would like this one, or could do something else with it. (It end up being a nice Calloway bag, and she didn't even know). She's also very innocent and naive sometimes, and I try to take care of her. She's not very tech savvy and I try to help her out, because my dad is super techy.

She's also very supportive and not judgemental. She'll listen attentively first, and then just give her honest opinion. She supports Scott and I in our confusing time, deciding whether or not or when we will go back to school, what we will do in the meantime and how we feel about our jobs. She gets excited about new things (like my photography) Another thing I love about my mom is that no matter what she is faced with, she comes through. She has had some very tough times in the past year or so, and she's always so positive. She is a great role model and I hope I can be a mother like her.

Kathy, April 12, 2009

1 comment: