9.29.2009

9.11.09 - Opryland Hotel and CKC Convention

8 years ago, the US got a wake-up call. We were not untouchable, and there were terrorists out there that were willing to do whatever it took to destroy us. NEVER FORGET THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES ON THAT DAY! 9-11-01



I waited every patiently for the day to come... the day I got to go to the CKC Scrapbooking Convention at Opryland hotel! It was so exciting! As an avid scrapbooker/photographer, I was excited to see what new techniques and supplies were out there for me to check out.

I arrived early at the hotel, so I walked around and got some breakfast. I was able to get some pictures during my walk from literally one end of the hotel to the other, and I included some of them in this post.

At 10am, the vendor fair opened and I was in heaven! Booths upon booths of scrapbook ideas and supplies... ahh... it was wonderful. I picked up some items that I am excited to use, as well as participating in a few make and take projects that certain vendors were offering.

At 1:30, my first class began. It was a fun class, showing me how to create different things with rubber/clear stamps. I was interested in this because I am a stamp collector, I have so many of them and hardly use them! Now I am already thinking of projects and layouts that I can use my new found knowledge on! I also won a prize in this class!

After this class, I walked across the hotel (again) to grab some $12 lunch (ugh) before my next class. I popped into the vendor fair again, to make sure there wasn't something I missed or couldn't live without. Then I headed to my second class, which was amazing! It taught us how to create layouts that included many pictures! This was good for me...since I take too many pictures of one thing, and then cannot use all of them in my layouts (or end up making a scrapbook about a one hour party, LOL!) I have since used the techniques I learned from this class in several pages at home!

All in all, it was so interesting and enjoyable! I cannot wait to go back next year! I'm glad that Scott and I were able to work this in to our budget, because I have the time of my life and took home so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment