9.29.2009

9.5.09 - Farwell to another friend!

We said goodbye to Scott's friend number three early in September. He was given an oppurtunity to take an awesome job where he has the chance to move up in Denver, CO! We wish him the best and cannot wait to go visit!

His girlfriend, and my new acquaintance, Sarah, threw a going away party for him and we made it out there in spite of me having to close at work. It was a lot of fun! We ate, drank and played Catch Phrase. We also mingled with a lot of cool people that we may not have otherwise met if not to gather to wish our friend farewell.

Scott and I ended up being the last to leave...around 4am :-) It was a wonderful night that will not be forgotten.

The only downside (for me) is that I met several 20-somethings that seemed to have their lives just where they wanted them. Each time someone would talk about themselves and then ask me "So what do you do?" I would cringe, force a smile and reply, "Oh, well I am in retail..." It was just another reminder... I never should have dropped out of school... I'm not a grad student, I'm not the PR person over a few YMCAs, I'm not a teacher, or an accountant (and that was just the girls). I'm just an assistant manager in retail, still. I know that God has a bigger plan for me, and I am being selfish in wanting it now, and I know I should not envy what others have, because in most other places in my life, In am very happy with what I have been dealt.


1 comment:

  1. This looks fun, and I wish I could trade places with him and be in Denver instead, ha. Everything does happen for a reason...and things will work out for you. I'm rootin for you!

    ReplyDelete