9.30.2009

9.30.09 - September's last day!

I had a wonderful day off today! It as the last day of September; cool, but sunny and clear. It was great! I spent some time with Scott in the morning, we watched "We Are Marshall", which I must say is one of the best movies I have ever seen! And I am a movie-lover.... it was so touching and deep, but fun, too. Then we had dinner for lunch, since we rarely ever get to have lunch together. YUM Shake N Bake!

We also sold our old car today, Hooray!!

When it was time for him to leave, I also headed out to Nashville to hang out with my sister and see my parents for a bit. Katie and I don't always have the best time together, but today we had a spectacular day: no fights or grumbling, lots of laughing and fun for a change! I took her to visit her old friend's grave site (no, this isn't morbid!) A guy she dated and was friends with back in high school passed away about two weeks ago, and since she isn't as connected to that part of her life anymore did not go to the funeral, but did want to pay her respects. It was good for her, I feel like she gained some closure.

After that, we headed to her boyfriend's house to take some pictures. She loves have mini-photo shoots, and I never say no to taking photos, so it's always a good match :-) I spent some time with my dad and a little with my mom in the evening, but it was their friend's birthday, so we headed to Cinco de Mayo for some mingling and margaritas. It was fun, but I would have rather just spent some time with them, but I only have a certain day off, so I took what I could get. I'll see them very soon, 2 weekends back to back coming up.

Oh! And I got to see my sister's friend from back in the day... he is in the Air Force, and is home on leave. We talk on facebook quite a bit, but I wasn't even sure if we would see other during this leave, but I did!

Ben & I

It was a full day, I often feel at the end of my day off that I should have been lazy and relaxed because I feel like I am always going with work, etc, but today was well worth all the driving.

If you could have seen what happened next...

I like this one of her a lot! She's not posing, it's just...her.

Had to sneak one in of me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment